Monday 3 May 2010

speak teaser 2 unbeat

“ Come on squirt, bedtime” I pulled Anthony up from the living room floor into my arms and made my way to the bathroom. His giggles filled the house as he wriggled around in my arms. This was one of my favourite time of the day, I made sure that I bathed Anthony and read him his book before he went to sleep every night.


“Daddy, do you think I could get to play with Leah tomorrow” I turned on the taps to fill the bath up



“ I don’t know, we’ll just have to wait until tomorrow and see what happens” I started to take his clothes off while he mumbles about how he can’t  wait and that how he hoped it was sunny so they can play in his pirates ship. When he finally climbed into the bath he looked at me, his green eyes started to glaze over with water as tears filled them.



“What’s wrong Ant” I asked with concern “ is the water too hot” I stared at his small face.
 “ Ant ,tell me what’s wrong buddy”



“Do you think Leah will like? Do you think she will want to play with me and my pirate ship” I felt my heart ache at that second as my son was worried that the new girl wouldn’t like him. He had always been very confident and a sociable boy. I never thought he would question if someone wanted to play with him but than again I have never seen him so attached to someone he just meet.



“I think she would love to play with you buddy” I smiled at him.



“Really.”



“Really, “ I answered him back, he smiled my crooked smile at me and his insecurities faded as quickly as they appeared and the sparkly was back in his beautiful eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment